Sunday, February 8, 2015

If at First, Try Stealing Second

Up until this point in the Blog we have been dealing with DJI Phantoms equipped with GoPros or various attached ‘costumes’.  We also have been following the adventures of Professor Scratcher as he builds a couple of quads from…drum roll please, SCRATCH.

Well, as to not be out failed, I have also decided to build a quad from scratch. My future failure of choice will be constructing a Blackout 330 Racer. This is not exactly scratch built as there is a basic plan and configuration created by the Blackout guys in Aussie Land.

Here is what I have ordered so far. Blackout 330/360 Frame w/ Power Distribution Board with extended arms. Power will come from 4 Cobra 2208/2000 motors. I will use 30amp ESCs and NAZE 32 controller board. Props will be 6x4.5. I will need an Immersion OSC 5.8GHz 600mW video transmitter for First Person Video as I already have Fatshark Attitude gogs.

I still do not know what controller I will use as my only fixed wing Tx/radio is a Spektrum DX6i. Not sure that I have enough channels for the Blackout. (My DJI radios will not work with the Blackout.)

For now, we wait for those proverbial slow boats from you know where. Oh, and the frame is pre-order only. So, we wait.

Here is an overview of what we are expecting to build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpONltj1uM0

No comments:

Post a Comment